Wriggly things

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Checkout, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

I'm talking about worms, here. SpyBlocker claims it's blocked sixteen worms since I most recently reinstalled it. Really? As far as I know, I've never had one - I've certainly seen no evidence in terms of odd behaviour on my machine.

Maybe I just don't understand the nature of worms. However, I'm concerned that I may have been unwittingly hosting these unpleasant things for some time now, so - how do I scan for them and remove them?

Yes, I know - Wormguard from DCS. Unfortunately, I'm out of work and can't afford anything except a free solution right now. Helpful suggestions/enlightenment always welcome!

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Checkout,

Have you tried the "Anti-Worm generic detection" in TDS-3?

Quote from the Helpfile:
    [hr]
    Generics: Anti-worm

The anti-worm generic detection system in TDS-3 was ported over from the WormGuard 2.x engine (http://wormguard.diamondcs.com.au). However instead of providing an analytical and comprehensive report on the detected files that WormGuard provides, TDS-3 will simply provide its findings based on the file being highly dangerous or being of a low risk.

TDS-3 does not stop the execution of these files even with 'Execution Protection' enabled - this is what WormGuard is for, however it will provide exactly the same detection when scanning for files on your system as WormGuard does when these files are executed. Files detected with Anti-Worm generic detection enabled should be analysed manually in notepad or other text editor.

3. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Want to know something, Jan? You're a really nice bloke. Thank you, my friend - I'll try that straight away!

Oh, and please enjoy this home-baked Karma Cookie with fresh cream and jam on top!

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hey Martin,
    Thanks my friend ;)

Put a checkmark in that box "Anti-Worm/Hostile Scripts":

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.