Wow, do I hate the new Yahoo page!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

If it were my home page I'd have a new one but I still check the news out in it from time to time. This new page shows the first part of every article and I guess because of that scrolls down forever, is loaded with tons of images, just an overall mess. I can't find a way to turn it back to the old Yahoo either. I'll only access Y mail for a while as it usually has the major headlines when logging in.

2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I always start with a blank page when I open my browser. I never use portals, such as Yahoo, as I can get my news directly from the relevant organisations, like the BBC.

3. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

Yeah, I don't really like it either. I'm not a fan of the whole "scroll forever" idea, which makes it harder to keep track of where links are located.

It also does another thing that bugs me about some websites - overloading the page with white (as in, a white background AND white on the sides that are visible on a widescreen monitor). At least make the sides gray or something.

4. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

If you hate the new Yahoo! Homepage, Try this:

Add your favorite Yahoo links (E-mail, Groups, News, Etc.) to your bookmarks/favorites bar or menu (For easy access), then add this http://search.yahoo.com/ as your home page.

This is a great way of still having your Yahoo! services on hand (Via Bookmarks/Favorites) and using a less cluttered Yahoo! Homepage (Link that I provided above).

I hate the new Yahoo! Homepage as well, these are the steps I took to fix that problem.

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I've rarely bothered with Yahoo's front page ... my "morning rounds" include My Yahoo, primarily for the news headlines and which is fairly configurable, and Yahoo Mail to clean out junk.

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

There are so many news aggregator specific sites, Yahoo would be one of the last that would come to mind. Many TPL's block much of the first and third party content that Yahoo serves up.
    All these things are a personal preference.

7. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Thank you for the tip! I probably didn't exactly do what you recommended but close enough. I chose News from the new, butt ugly Yahoo. Then I bookmarked it to Bookmarks toolbar (I use Cyberfox), deleted the old Yahoo bookmark and replaced it with the new. Doesn't look exactly like the old Yahoo but close enough. Bye the way, I did complain too. Somewhere today I found a "We'd like your input" link.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Me too.

9. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Sure, no problem, glad I could help :thumb:

Good for you, sometimes they need a little criticism.

10. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Yeah, that page is terrible. But then again, it's Yahoo we're dealing with. The company that throws things at the wall, hoping something will stick. Nothing has stuck for years now. They're teetering on the brink of joining Alta Vista, Jeeves, AOL and others in nostalgia articles on the net.

11. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Could be worse -- I think we all heaved a huge sigh of relief a few years back when the merger negotiations between Yahoo and AOL collapsed.

12. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

It would have ended up with the same result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.