Wow. Becky's Forums is closed until further notice.

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by sk, Jan 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

=( will that sucks i didnt think it was that major its true i have personal issues but still 3000 some members are homeless now that i realy dont like cause i know what its like to love something like wilders and lose it not cool.

what i dont get is why couldnt you just buy the forum put it under new management and relocate all its members to the new bord.

why must it be closed

it dont make sence to shut it all dowen cant some one just switch it over to some one else.

i mean you got 3000 members strong and when i went there it was always busy.

it isnt fair to lose every one cause of a few people.

id like to think if paul were to get ill or something he tranfer over the bord to some one and train them to take over im 100% sure he never dump 2000 some members to be homeless.

im sad for beckys members it just isnt fair to them thats all im saying

i hope some one figures it out and makes a solution

2. sk

sk Registered Member

So can we all move into your basement, Mr. Blaze? All 3,000 of us? I know it would get crowded; I'm sure we'd have to set up some sort of bathroom schedule. But think how much fun it could be. Well? Can we?

:cool:

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Blaze,

If life was that easy..

Be assured: we are here to stay! ;)

Fully agreed - boards closing down is a sad thing.

regards.

paul

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

lol i always wondered if people take the time to look at are profiles lol i ought to stick a counter in mine leting me know how many people view it lol

5. sk

sk Registered Member

heh heh heh snicker snicker :eek:

:D

sk <.................... (Wants dibs on the spot by the big overstuffed comfy chair!!)

6. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

The events from the past week were sure an eye opener.
    It's at times like these that you discover who your friends are and who are not.
    While most were sincerely sorry to see Becky go down and few even inquired as to what if anything could be done to keep it going, others were only to happy to sceal the coffin air tight.
    I will now disappear from the scene for a month as it will take at least that long to lick my wounds.

7. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

You deserve a good rest Mickey, try and enjoy it.
    But don't be too long.

Take care,

Pieter

8. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

What am I missing here? Who the heck would want Becky's closed?

Acadia

9. KING

KING Registered Member

10. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

I for one am shocked and very saddened by this news.

MTM, what sort of database did the forums use and how much bandwidth did it eat per month? I might be able to work something out if the database is MySQL.

11. discogail

discogail Security Expert

Gonna miss Becky's. I imagine I'll keep my shortcut handy just in case........hi..KING!!!!!!!!!!

12. snowy

snowy Guest

Truely it is sad to see any security forum go down....at this particular time in history we need more Boards not less.
    Since Becky's was where my computer learning experince began there is a sense of regret at hearing of it's departure. There were many very knowledgeable members at Becky's who extended help to many newbe's in need an their contribution to helping others should not be forgot.
    While personalities may sometimes conflict the goal nevertheless remains the same..security!
    To the administrators and members of Becky's I extend sincere best wishes .

Snowy The Snowman

13. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi MTM ;)

Hold on, you made a great job on Becky's. I am really sorry
    for them, hooping they will come back very soon, I saw similar situations in the past with a happy end : a come back with fluing colours.

All of the best,

14. sk

sk Registered Member

Hey, MTM. I'm not one of the old time members of Wilder's or Becky's, but I think I've lived long enough to know that you're a class guy, and Becky's is a class site. Without knowing a single thing else about the situation, it's been my experience that when life deals tough blows, class individuals and class organizatioins have a way of always landing on their feet. So along with everyone else here I sincerely wish you and Becky's all the best! And as far as anyone thinking it's something to be celebrated, you of all people have to know the golden rule: Don't feed the trolls! It's just that simple. You know to ignore that nonsense, and to simply focus on what you - and those whose opinions you value - know to be the truth, and never look back. (But for the love of life man, could you PLEASE change that avatar of yours; the thing just totally wigs me out! Especially after having to kick down to 800 x 600 to do some website designing. YIKES man! I swear, that thing is alive! :eek: :D

sk

15. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Dear Mickey, my heart goes out to you and the Admins/Mods and Members at Becky's. This very sad news.

i have not had a chance to get back to Becky's in the last li'l while, but when i was able to get there i would find myself reading for a long time. The talent and information there was astounding!

i am very sad to hear that such a great board is now closed. :(

Please don't stay away too long....we need you. ((hugz))

pattie

16. MickeyTheMan

I've setup a board to complement my website where i will be spending most of my time for a while anyway.
    I don't expect there will be much activity there as i envision both to only be reference points on various relevant privacy & security subjects. Mostly providing links to where the info can be found on these subjects.
    Mickey's WebSite
    Mickey's Board

17. Douglas

Douglas Guest

The very best of luck and good wishes, Mickey.
    I'll be there!

Sincerely,
    Douglas

18. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Man sorry to see the Becky board go.

Does anyone know if the Becky Mail section will find a new home? Just trying to figure out how to stay up on it.

Thanks
    Logan

19. MickeyTheMan

Logan, yes Becky Internet Mail Program will receive support at my board along with BoClean and RegRun

20. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Way to go, Mickey! :cool:

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.