Would you reccomend Comodo

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Albinoni, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

DVD+R - Chill out dude:mad:

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I recommend it too. You can choose how much popups you want. As with every firewall there are initially some popups. Comodo has fever than others imo (thanks to their database) if you are a HIPS junkie and have one, two or three ;) other HIPS you can turn off the HIPS like functions in Comodo.

Well, I dont know if the other companies are so scared but it seems like some of the users of the of the other products are :D

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Comodo firewall is on the way to being the number 1 firewall in my opinion.

I've had it on my computer for a while and currently run the latest version. Good buy ZA, Look n Stop, Kerio, Outpost, and all the rest.

Now, this past week, we finally got broadband in this area. We're behind a hardware firewall on our Linksys router and another firewall on our Slipstream modem. I'm still keeping Comodo and will continue to upgrade it as new versions become available. I figure with 3 firewalls in place I should be safe, assuming I understand it right and if I hacker got through the hardware, he'd face the modem firewall, and beating that would run into Comodo.

I hope their antivirus eventually becomes as good as the firewall.

4. zorro zorrito

zorro zorrito Registered Member

I recommend Comodo, is a good firewall, in this moment I am using the newest version and works fine (cmdagent 4,824 kb and cpf 5,020 kb, but both of them rise at the start of my pc to about 22,000 kb and then go down).I could say it works fine, even with programas like e-mule). About Jetico mmm (about 6,500 kb), well it's the one I like more, I have used since may 2004, version 1.0.1.5 beta, more than 2 years, why? because it has demostrated too much security ( I use yahoo messenger and I have gone to chat rooms and I have seen that when someone sends a booter to me I go out of yahoo, after that something is trying to go out( maybe a troyan that wants to take away, to rob my id) but jetico doesn't let it go out, and this is a proof of how good it is to control outbound connection, this is the only one I have seen that protects my system from this kind of attack, I have used many firewalls, and I could say many things more about Jetico.About incoming control I can do anything with it, is like clay in my hands, I can do anything with it.
    Nevertheless Comodo es great(very good for inbound and outbound control), and more because they are going to add HIPS and a sandbox to it.Both of them are very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.