Wormguard uses how much memory?

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Prince_Serendip, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Every time I try to scan a single file with Wormguard, it tells me I do not have enough RAM, even when I have everything off except Explorer. Is 128 MB not enough? o_O Any help will be appreciated. TIA

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Prince_Serendip

i also cannot right-click to scan with WormGuard; i get the same message "not enough memory to perform this operation", even if i have everything turned off right down to just Explorer & Systray in the running processess, and i also have 128 MB Ram on my Win98se, and with my Resources up to 89% free right after a reboot.....so i do not scan with WormGuard....but.. :)...i had a double extension file i clicked on (harmless) and WormGuard popped up instantly before any other security program i have on my system did...and alerted me to the fact it was a double extension and suspicious. So now i just relax and no that WormGuard is there and ready to step in even if i can't right-click a scan with it....it is already active and scanning.

i have not installed WormGuard 3 on my XP system yet, but as soon as WormGuard 4 comes out, oh yes, i definitely will!! And hopefully right-click will work with no problems with WG4.

3. Prince_Serendip

That helps. Thanks Snapdragin. But I'm still curious about that message. I'll try sending it on to Diamond CS and see what they say about it. I'll post it here (if they don't). My system is the same as yours.

4. Prince_Serendip

Me again. Just got this from Gavin Coe at Diamond CS. WOW! These guys are FAST!

I might give it a try (just to see if it can be done on my system). Thanks for the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.