WORMGUARD NEEDED?

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Kegel, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

My current setup is as follows:

MCAFEE AV - Has worm protection
    Process Guard 3
    BoClean
    AdWatch
    TDS3 - On demand scanner

Would Wormguard be of any benefit to my system? Is it better than the Worm protection in McAfee?

With the new versions on TDS coming out, will WormGuard be obsolete?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  2. muf

muf Registered Member

It is another layer of protection. The good thing about it is that it hooks itself into the system rather than running resident. So it not using up memory or resources. In my experience it is best at stopping malicious scripts. It uses an heuristical approach in that it doesn't actually have signatures like an anti-virus. It will check files as they are executed and the second it see's something it doesn't trust it pops up!

About the TDS4 upgrade. Wormguard 4 will be coming in the future and is free to all wormguard 3 registered users. So i presume if DCS had thought that TDS4 would make it redundant then they wouldn't be developing Wormguard 4, yeah?

muf

3. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

Does anyone know anything about McAfee AV and is anti worm capabilities? I dont think it uses a definition file for this part of its protection, I might be worng though. Is Wormguad significantly better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.