WormGuard and Surfing

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by DJB, Aug 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB

DJB Guest

I hear a lot about certain AV programs also defending against "hostile Java Scripts and hostile ActiveX Apellets". Does WormGuard also defend against such things?

2. octogen

octogen Registered Member

I believe so. The experts from DCS would probably elaborate, though.

3. grey_ghost

grey_ghost Registered Member

Hi DJB,

Here is some information on what WormGuard does.

http://wormguard.diamondcs.com.au/

It's a start and as octogen said the experts will be able to answer your questions.

Regards

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Not an expert-expert myself, but i can tell you WG is created to stop such scripts from entering the system and to run at all. (HTA and such website things for instance)

5. DJB

DJB Guest

Thank you, octogen, Gerry and Jooske for your response. I will download the trial version .

6. octogen

octogen Registered Member

No problem. I think you will like it. The program is fantastic-very unobtrusively sitting in the background doing its job. ;)

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Good luck! Keep us informed how it goes.
    I am not without it since the first trial ever came and it saved my pc life quite some times.
    One example i remember very vivid:
    I have email scanners and all that on my box, but some time i had to go into the webmail as there were problems with the mailbox. Klez! Of course, not showing any attachment and the webmail not scanned fortunately all that could stopped the opened email from doing it's damage and even giving access to the website for "updating" it's nasty load. All went so very fast i had to try to analyse step by step what i had seen happening on my screen. I did panic of course and used all available tools to scan and possibly detect and scan again on all levels (windows, windows safe mode, msdos) to be really really sure.
    So i have seen the action for an infected website yes.
    so there were more cases on my system with scripts and other files.

8. grey_ghost

grey_ghost Registered Member

Hi

I installed WormGuard a few months ago to add another layer of protection.

It has since become the most active protection I have.

It has gone from an okay I'll get this program just incase I need it to the am I glad I got this program. Highly recommended. :)

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

What i really like is that it is so powerful and not using any resources till it's needed. Then working together so smoothly with my email and with TDS, and every file i want to open on my system if there would be anything the matter with it... and i like the ability to look into a blocked file in the safe mode as we all are curious, aren't we about a file. With that i can decide to run it still once i see what was the alarm about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.