Workstations not updating with ERA console yet ERA says they are

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by tr1ck5t3r, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tr1ck5t3r

tr1ck5t3r Registered Member

Having big problems with ERA console, using the latest versions of everything across a multitude of XP & W7 64 workstations.

Firstly when editing an XML config file in the ESET configuration editor, the passwords are not being remembered so you have to key these back in everytime you edit the config file otherwise the workstation wont get through the proxy server and if it does get through the proxy server it fails to download a Virus Definition update citing a lack of a password!

Then having created a config file, I select all the workstations and then do a new config task, selecting the config file I've just created and push them out immediately.

Now despite ERA console saying its successfully ran the task, when I check the workstations they havent been updated.

I know this becuase I dont use "My Profile" but have specified a different profile name to use, yet where ever a new name can be specified to differentiate from the default settings including changing the spam filter messages to [ESET Spam] the profile names are not changing to what they should be.

The MS Outlook COM plugin isnt operational despite specifiy all version of Outlook and the Spam White List is still marking emails from domains in the whitelist as spam (we use Mail Security for MS Exchange on this server as well).

Apart from adding a contact to Outlook which isnt practical this particular customer is using our custom built SQL system which has its own email server & client facilities and theres no way to export the customers emails into ESET Mail Security to whitelist them.

I'm quite dissappointed in this ESET product its seems to be a home user product trying to compete in the corporate market but considering this customer has been using it for 4 years and its been letting viruses into their system over this time becuase of the default settings which have been in effect since it was installed, I'm not impressed.

We got called in to get their systems working again becuase its affecting our software generating alot of support calls from them when other customers have not been having any problems with our software and the viruses that have been let in have contributed to this situation of generating more support calls from this customer.

So does anyone know how to resolve the problem where ERA reports task have been done when in fact they havent? All software is current from what was downloaded last week off the ESET website.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps the best course of action would be to contact customer care and provide them with the xml you used as well as a list of settings (attribute names) that are not applied on the client.

3. tr1ck5t3r

tr1ck5t3r Registered Member

I called support tonight because the support person we had emailed was on holiday and it doesnt look like they check his emails.

Anyway followed their advice which was to setup the config in the workstation, pull the config back into ERA on the server and then push it out to the workstations. We did this but the network scanning is still switched on (W/S, Advanced Setup, Real-time file system protection, Media to scan group, untick Network Drives).

Still having problems with passwords not being remembered and the option to use the COM object in all versions of Outlook (using Mail Security 4 with Exchange server) whilst not an option in the NOD32 running on the w/s isnt deploying itself to all versions of Outlook.

It seems that some settings just cant be changed from the ERA console only but only on the w/s using the advanced settings.

I'm emailed support again with our findings but this isnt satisfactory to be going around configuring workstations manually for an enterprise business system as it looks like this is a bug with the w/s software not accepting some or all of the config settings from the ERA console.

This is using the latest version of the ERA console, mail security 4 and NOD 32 4.2.71 for XP machines and a later version for the W7 64 machines which was downloaded off the ESET.co.uk website on Nov 19th 2011.

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Isn't there a lost policy somewhere overwriting these settings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.