WiTopia's CloakBox

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by LockBox, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Is anybody using the CloakBox router from WiTopia? $199 the first year for the box and a full year of service. $99 a year each year after that. Not bad. WiTopia is a solid VPN with years of experience.

I'm curious if this is anything like Kyle's CryptoRouter for XB and JanusVM, just built into a Linksys router? Differences? Pros and Cons?

On a completely different aspect of the VPN business, has anybody noticed the dramatic shift in marketing (especially by smaller VPN services) away from using VPN's strictly for the sake of privacy, but using them to circumvent the TV issues? Example: Get a USA VPN and watch HULU! Get a UK VPN and watch BBC! It seems there's new VPN services every week just marketing the TV angle. I'm not sure I like it as it cheapens the technology for shady purposes and could lead to crackdowns on all VPN providers because of the misuse in promoting the product by a few companies.

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I tried watching Hulu from Xerobank's USA node and it would not allow me. It said no proxies allowed.:doubt: That sucks. I was also unable to download anything from Hulu. Hmmmm.

33_1085782_profile.gif

As for that hardware VPN, I have never heard of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.