Wireless N

Discussion in 'hardware' started by elapsed, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I'm looking to buy a wireless N router, preferably with an inbuilt modem if possible. I'm not worried about cost, but I'd prefer it to be the new non-draft version of N. Anyone have any tips/ideas? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

im using a Linksys WRT320N and culdnt be happier, works great and is a very slim router.

4. elapsed

Thanks for the input guys, feel free to keep the suggestions coming ^^.

Unfortunately the Linksys apparently doesn't support PPPoA which I would need it to do.

SweX, I'm curious, how well does the Vigor2820n cope under heavy peer to peer situations? Such as file sharing, or heavy UDP transmission? Both my previous routers would detect both the situations as DoS leading me to have to disable these aspects of it's protection, but they would generally survive. Although I don't care about having to disable DoS, I do care about it "surviving" under this kind of load. Thanks!

I've been looking at a few of the other DrayTek N ones as I assume you would generally recommend them, just wondering if there's possibly ones a little cheaper without features I will never use (USB, 3G, etc)

Thank you both.

5. elapsed

What do you think of the Vigor2710n? A little cheaper but looks generally the same. (Not really sure what it's missing to be honest the amount of features blow me away)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.