Wiping File Names in an NTFS Partition

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by rubberducky, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rubberducky

rubberducky Registered Member

How do you wipe file names in an NTFS partition without wiping the entire partition or drive? Acronis True Image doesn't seem to be able to wipe file names in an NTFS partition. Only the file contents are wiped but the file names can still be seen by data recovery software. White Canyon Secure Clean offers wiping file name in an NTFS partition but it cautions me with unpredictable consequences. What kind of unpredictable consequences that may occur when you wipe file names in an NTFS partition?

Note: I am familiar with DBAN but that will destroy the whole drive. I just want a software that will wipe selected files and free space.

2. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

3. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

I went to the White Canyon site and read this

This is what they said about their WipeDrive System Saver!

This is a big lie, and if their lying to people to sell their software they cannot be trusted!

Their are many different privacy software's out their that will wipe the free space on a drive without effecting the operating system, I would ask them for a refund just for the fact they are lying to people on their site!

Eraser wipes Free Disk Space, Master File Table Records, Cluster tip areas, and Directory Entries, all wile leaving the operating system intact, and it is free and trusted by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide!

Plus you can create a Nuke Boot disk with it, which will erase the entire drive during the boot stage! please note this one will erase everything including the operating system and partition!

The White Canyon site is filled with many lies, I just read one lie after another, not a very good sales tactic to lie to everyone like that!

____________________________________________________________________________________-

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.