WinPE Recovery Images - Why 2?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by X21, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X21

X21 Registered Member

Just purchased Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite.. in addition to the program, the download page has 2 WinPE based Recovery CD images available.

My question is, what is the difference in these 2 images and which one should I use? One says "RE Iso-Image" at the end of it.

Thanks.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

could you please post here full names of the files? (they don't contain any confidential info)

3. X21

X21 Registered Member

Sorry for the slow response.. when no one commented, I just started trying stuff.. the disk made with the exe is what I've used.. the iso.re I don't know how to use and if there's any advantage to using it.

Here are the filenames:

Paragon-140-PRE_WinPERCD_10.0.11.12215_001.exe

Paragon-140-PRE_WinPERCD_10.0.11.12215_001.iso.re

Thank You.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Normally if you have a file such as filename.iso it is an image to burn onto a CD. The image has been setup to include all the files etc so you just burn it and you have the total CD done. It is usually how bootable CDs are done.

What is a bit strange is the .iso.re filetype. I could speculate that it means REcovery but who knows. I looked in the filetypes registered in Windows 7 and I didn't see any .re and my Google search didn't help either. I thought it might be the file type used by a compression program.

If you are keen you might download it and see if your CD burner program will accept it as an image and burn it.

5. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Simply remove .re and then you will have:

Paragon-140-PRE_WinPERCD_10.0.11.12215_001.iso

Now, burn it.

6. wptski

wptski Registered Member

7. X21

X21 Registered Member

Thank you seekforever, King of Rapture, and wptski. I don't know where users of this product would be without help from posters like you. Does Paragon pay you?? They should. Their documentation is awful, leaves out pertinent information, and terribly cumbersome to navigate. I've tried to find a pdf of the documentation to make searching easier, to no avail.

Thanks again,
    Jim D

8. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

9. X21

X21 Registered Member

Thank you Robin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.