WinPE Recovery DVD hands up on disk.sys

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by arguros, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arguros

arguros Registered Member

Hi,
    I went crazy in the last few days to try to understand why WinPE Recovery CD was hanging out during start up.
    It seems that if I disable the JMB362 Sata controller from the bios it works fine.
    Do you know whether it is possible to make a WinPE CD that correctly support this controller?

If I enable the controller and put it in IDE compatibility mode this will not sort the problem out, I just need to disable it.
    Do you think that the nex realese of HD Managemet Suite (I am using the 2009) will work fine?

Thanks for your help

2. arguros

arguros Registered Member

Hi,
    I just forgot to add that the JMB262 controller is for the eSata port.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Have you tried with the Linux/DOS recovery disk? What you can also do is create a BartPE and in the process, include the drivers for the esata controller. From what I heard, this seems to be a common issue with esata controllers and WinPE environment, even with Acronis and Symantec.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=257771

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.