WinDVD deleted my Driver

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by csm324, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csm324

csm324 Registered Member

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows how this happened.
    I unistalled WINDVD recently and I found out that the driver for the player is missing!
    There is a yellow exclamation mark at the device manager window under the dvd/cd player icon.
    ITs a Matsushita UJDA760 player and noone has a driver for it as far as I can tell.
    Win XP SP2 is on my laptop.

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this please.As I have just installed POWERDVD and cant play a DVD.
    Appreciate any assistance.
    Thanks
    Chris

2. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Try this.

Right click on My computer and go to properties then click on hardware, then click on device manager and find your DVD drive in the tree. Right click on it and go to properties, then click on driver. Then try either roll back driver or if that doesnt work update driver .

This should hopefully fix it. But i am suprised WinDVD done this as it is a very good program and i rate it much better than powerDVD.

3. csm324

csm324 Registered Member

Thanks for your help,Anthony.

I did go into Device manager and went update driver and the wizard said it couldnt find a driver newer than the software already installed.
    Then I went to roll back driver and it couldnt do this as it said the driver cant be rolled back.

This was in the details,sorry not exactly sure whre I saw this but it said:

'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.'

Hope this helps,
    I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.