windows xp start up problem

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by thee_ozzy, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thee_ozzy

thee_ozzy Registered Member

I have a problem...

my main computer has developed a seroius problem

it loards the windows xp logo, does the little bar accross the bottom

then it flashes the BSOD for just an instant of a second it just looks like a blue flash on he screen then the computer restarts

same for safe mode
    same for safe mode with networking
    same for safe mode with command prompt

i am royaly screwed if it is a mojor problem

there is stuff i need to do on that pc today

please please help

2. Hello Thee Ozzy,

First off what firewall are you using? and sorry to say it sounds like you have hardware problem. Which one? It's hard to say.Sorry, but need more info.BSOD's are called "stop errors" on XP, I think as for your problem you can try using msconfig to help you troubleshoot by disabling and enabling certain things you may pin point your problem. But it sounds like you can't get into anything? safemode?Nothing?

If you can get in try this
    Hold down F8 during start up. This will give you your boot options. boot into safe mode. Click "start", "all programs", "accessories", "system tools", "system restore". Choose a restore point that it worked ok. System restore may not be turned on. If still no luck, while in safe mode click "start", "run" type "sfc /scannow".
    Have your installation CD handy.
    If still having problems run a virus scan while in safe mode. then try sfc /scannow again.

This type of problem you are having, I would have to be there to tell you exactly what is wrong with your computer.Can you run a "CHKDSK "? You can also try remove SD RAMs from their slots and re-inserted them one-by-one,or you can also Try testing the system hardware with self booting hardware diagnostics software like BCM diagnostics.

And it should tell you more about your problem,did you install anything new on your system?,or did this problem just come out of nowhere? Please try what I have told you,if it still won't work you may have to reinstall Windows,or partial,good luck hope somebody has some better ideas to help you,but that's how I get to fix these types of problems on people computers using Windows XP,if you can go into system restore,find a restore point before this all started your problem should be fixed,but in your case it sounds not too good,hope you can get it up and running again,good Luck

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

If the problem is related to Look 'n' Stop, just rename the two files:
    c:\winnt\system32\drivers\lnsfw1.sys
    c:\winnt\system32\drivers\lnsfw.sys
    by booting on another system or from a disk.

With Look 'n' Stop only these files can cause a problem during Windows boot.
    And since these drivers are really activated only when Look 'n' Stop start (except if the ActivatedSoon flag is enable) it would be strange they cause a BSOD.

Frederic

4. thee_ozzy

thee_ozzy Registered Member

Thanks guys for your help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.