Windows XP Security Center-Antivirus Not Found

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TheKid7, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

After starting one of my PC's, I have had the Windows XP Pro SP3 Security Center show "Antivirus Not Found". I have the latest version of NOD32 4.x installed and running with its virus signatures up-to-date. This has happened twice in the last few days and once a few months ago. If I restart the PC the problem goes away.

What could be causing this problem?

I checked the hard drive S.M.A.R.T. and it shows the hard drive with the OS as being Healthy. I know that the hard drive S.M.A.R.T. only indicates a hard drive failure in advance a very small percentage of the time.

Thanks in Advance.

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Has Microsoft changed their API for security center? they did a few months ago and security venders had to fix the bug.

3. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

1. Click Start > Run > type in services.msc
    2. Locate and stop Windows Management Instrumentation & Security Center. They should both have the startup type set to Automatic
    3. Exit out of this area to your desktop
    4. Right click Start and choose Explore
    5. Go to c:\windows\system32\wbem\ and only delete the repository folder
    6. Reboot your computer

This will rebuild the deleted folder and the database. Now the Windows Security Center should show the correct info for antivirus and firewall.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  4. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yes indeed that would help, Avira is bad when you uninstall it you have to do that sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.