Windows Vista Updates Blocked

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pakratt, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pakratt

pakratt Registered Member

Windows Vista SP2 Home Premium. Nod 32 v4.0 437
    When I go to Windows Update I get an error code 80072f8f. Microsoft help says to check to make sure my PC has the correct date and time. Did that and still could not update. One forum posting said that some anti-virus programs might be the cause this problem. I went thru the setup tree and decided to change the Protocol Filtering. Under SSL Protocol Checking I had previously checked to: Always Scan Protocol. I applied the default which is: Do NOt Scan SSL Protocol. I am a novice with computers so don't know if this is the right thing to do. I need to know which items should be checked under Protocol Filtering. Would really appreciate help.

After I applied the default, I went to Windows Update and was able to access the updates. Is my computer at risk for the changes I made above?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

you've done the right thing and your comp is not at risk from changes you made quite the contrary :)

3. pakratt

pakratt Registered Member

Thanks. Much relieved now...

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

The default settings provide a good balance of protection anyway and for novice users they are the best. You can also view and download the user manual at Eset if your interested.

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.