windows virtualization for best security?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by damasko, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damasko

damasko Registered Member

hello all, I'm thinking at new config for my computer, looking for maximum security.
    now I use Jetico BestCrypt volume encryption to encrypt an entire partition used for reserved data.
    for backup, I use syncbackse pro to mirror files to another partition, encrypting them one by one.
    after reading castlecops advices, I decided to improve security on my pc, using vmware to virtualize working machine.
    keep in mind that I'd need to remotely control the machines: virtual one, but could be needed also the physical.
    here are my questions:
    - how vmware impact on performance using browser, office apps, usb devices file transfer, dvd burning and video/music players? how on network file transfers? (all data from/to virtual machine moved throught network folder sharing)
    -how can schedule regular backups for virtual machine? which software use?
    -which is the best solution between encrypt virtual disk or put virtual disk file on encrypted partition?
    -is better to use windows xp pro or windows 2003?

2. damasko

help?

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There have been loads of discussions here about this. However, when I have some time later, I will go into some detail about what I am doing.

Pete

4. damasko

hello Peter, thanks for reply.
    I looked for other similar topics, but didn't find anything regarding my questions.
    can you explain what you are doing with virtualization?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.