Windows update problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

That's all very well BigC.What is the prob.You are downloading windows updates for windows software using another browser.My validation was 14 months ago,not June 25th when MS introduced the verification tool.

Seeing I refuse to use IE I find the alternative,fast,reliable and private compared to what MS's update requires.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If you just provide a direct download link to microsoft why does your site state that there will be delays in getting the updates from your site.

Attached Files:

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Well I have posted my feelings on this subject and don't feel as I want to persue it any further. The actual problem is ultimatly between you and Microsoft and am sure that it will eventually come to a resolution

bigc

4. dog

dog Guest

How do you qualify the second half of that disclaimer?
    wouldn't this include being a 3rd party an funnelling the patches forward to the end-user.

In reality we all also know this is contrary to the spirit of the "Genuine Advantage Program" where M$ does require compliance to use the v5/v6 update service - which in essence is what you are providing. As you stated above M$ doesn't prevent manually updating of security patches - which really is a benefit to all (licensed end-user, ISP etc etc.) as the cost of unpatched and exploited systems would burden us all. Franklin will you may argue time lines regarding your activation and the implementation of this program, but I'm sure the original M$ EULA covers such changes to terms and conditions.

Regards;

Steve

5. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Thanks for the input Dog,BigC,62nds.I intend to keep using the alternative as I stated "refuse to use IE".
    Wish I was half as good as you fellas at putting your arguments forward.Ya ain't all lawyers I hope.LOL

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    You can download Firefox extension, which is called IE Tab. This allows the user to open any page using IE engine from within Firefox.
    Available at official Mozilla addons site.
    Mrk

7. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Right, but isn't this opening and using I.E. .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.