Windows shutdown during backup hung ATI 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RikL, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RikL

RikL Registered Member

Using ATI 8.0 build 786 on Windows XP Pro.

I have a backup task scheduled to occur at system startup. On one occasion, the user accidentally shut down Windows by pressing the power button, while the backup was still running. When the system was rebooted again, the task did not run automatically and could not be started manually either. In fact ATI basically refused to do anything, acting as if there were a backup already running. Status on the task said that it had succeeded, but there was no backup file. To get things running normally again, I had to delete the task and reconstruct it.

Is this a known bug, or do I need to report it as a new one?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello RikL,

Sounds as if TI's Scheduler Services have stopped running. Build 786 (and earlier) Scheduler Services are known to be a bit "problematic". You could uninstall/reinstall your existing version to overcome your immediate problem but better still, download and install Build 791. Remember to create a new boot rescue CD for this latest build.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.