Windows Professional XP 64 Bit edition

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by heatsaver, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatsaver

heatsaver Registered Member

Now that Windows Professional XP 64 Bit edition has been officially released. Will their be a 64 bit version of Process Guard released? If so, is there any time table?

Thanks,

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

I think that before we ask for a timetable, it would be better to ask if there is going to be a commitment to produce a 64bit version ?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  3. donald

donald Registered Member

Will the current Process Guard work under the x64 edition?

I did try a search to see if the answer has already been posted, but the search engine will not properly process a search for "x64." I always hate that, when one wants to search for something that is probably uncommon, except in the context that one is looking for, say a person's initials, if short, the search will not work. Of course it could be an ambiguous message as "tds" works! :)

4. passing thru

passing thru Guest

The current PG will not work with x64. You will get a "Failure to install driver..." warning when initially installing PG. After rebooting, you will see the following error in your System event log:

"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\drivers\procguard.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.