Windows PC Hardware Diagnostics/Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TheKid7, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I suspect the video card because just a few minutes ago I started getting small dots/patches (or something like that) all across my screen (light yellow color). It seemed to be getting worse, so I uninstalled the Nvidia EN7300 from Windows. I restarted the PC and I am now running at the normal desktop. So far I don't see any of the patches/dots with Nvidia uninstalled from Windows.

I guess that I should shut down and swap out the video cards. I may wait a little while and see what happens without Nvidia.

How does a video card work without the video card's drivers? Would a video card's hardware problem stop occurring without its drivers?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  2. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

As far as your multimedia device failing to start, try setting DEP to "opt in" instead of "always on" if you have it set that way.

I was trying to install a new usb 3.0 card and thought it was faulty because the driver failed to start until I removed the DEP "always on" setting.

3. TheKid7

I removed the existing video card and installed the new video card. So far the PC seems to be stable with no hangs during boot/restart processes.

4. TheKid7

It has been 10 days now since I replaced the PCIe-X16 video card. The PC has been performing without any issues.

5. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Sounds like this case is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.