Windows mobile crashes during EMA activation

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by ASpace, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I bought my first smartphone - from Vodafone , it is running Windows mobile 6.1 Standart edition

I have installed EMA directly from the device . All was OK .

I'd like to report a bug ,may be . While I am trying to activate it , it is impossible because it (EMA) either hungs (stops responding) or it crashes the whole mobile OS and I need to do hard reset. While typing the email adress , I need to press the "Sym" button so that I open the additional symbols in the device to enter symbols like . or _
    As soon as I press the "Sym" button , it crashes.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

A few questions:

Can you tell us the model and ROM information for the smartphone you bought from Vodafone? The customizations applied by a carrier to the software stack on a smartphone can cause a great deal of variation in how a smartphone behaves.

Is the smartphone is locked or unlocked?

Was ESET Mobile Antivirus installed to the smartphone's internal memory or to a removable memory card?

Which build of ESET Mobile Antivirus was installed to the smartphone?

Was another antivirus program previously installed on the device? If so, how was it uninstalled?

With the answers to those, we'll be better able to further troubleshoot the problem.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

Vodafone 1231 (manufactured by ZTE)

Check out specifications in this page:
    http://www.vodafone.gr/portal/client/eshop/details-15900,3081.action?request_locale=en

It is locked.

I installed it to the internal memory . I have plenty because it is new device , I still didn't have to play with it :)

Version 1.3 . It is the very latest , AFAIK . English version taken from eset.com
    The cab file taken for Win Mobile (Smartphones)

No.

Thank you.

Despite the crash on activation which I am reporting , I managed to activate it (bypass) by not typing email address . In the email address field I typed my name only . It seems to be working ok . Even though I downloaded it this morning I expected it to have outdated definitions and just like NOD32 I should update it . However , the update returns message that I am up-to-date. We'll see how it behaves in the next few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.