Windows Live Sign-In Problem

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by bikpela_man, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bikpela_man

bikpela_man Registered Member

Anyone else having a problem signing in to Windows Live? Since I have installed Prevx 3.0.5.40, when I try to log-in using IE 8 it cycles me back to the log-in page instead of going to my Windows Live Mail page. This occurs whether Safe-Online is on or off. No problem with Firefox or Google Chrome.:)

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Welcome to the forums :) I personally haven't heard of any reports like this (granted, my ears are not ubiquitous) but could you try sending a scan log to us by clicking Tools > Save Scan Results in Prevx and attaching it to an email to report@prevxresearch.com?

I suspect we'll be able to solve this with a database modification, but if not, we'll definitely be investigating further :)

Thank you for the information and sorry for the inconvenience!

3. bikpela_man

bikpela_man Registered Member

O.K. I sent in the scan log. Please let me know if it tells you anything.:D

4. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I rarely have customers that use Hotmail or Yahoo for email. However a few days ago, I installed Prevx with Safeonline for someone who uses both MSN & Yahoo mail through the web pages. After installing Prevx, I had to play around (reduce the security) with the Safeonline settings to be able to log into either site.

5. Biscuit

After further testing, I can confirm that Prevx Safeonline stops log-in to Hotmail with it's standard settings. Reduce the Live.com settings to medium to enable log-in.

What's the point of Prevx blocking live.com? o_O

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know some further details as to how the login is being blocked and if there is any other software installed on the PC which is blocking it? It is possible that there is a browser plugin which Prevx is blocking from accessing the website, but if you could please send a scan log over to report@prevxresearch.com, we will be able to investigate the cause more precisely.

Thanks!

7. Biscuit

Sorry Joe

This is on customer sites, it's not really possible to go back & get more data. I've now had 3 occasions where SafeOnline is blocking the login to Hotmail. I reduce the settings on live.com to "medium", which seems to work.

Things in common: Firefox with Adblock Plus & Optimizegoogle + new Prevx installation. Generally an older o/s: XP/Vista - I will take more notice of this, but I don't get a lot of Hotmail/Yahoo users.

Slightly off-track is that I've noticed recently that new Prevx installs seem to wait at 98% on the learning scan for several minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.