Windows Live mail

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by RockLobster, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

I strange thing happened the other day I wonder has anyone else ever seen this.
    I have four hotmail accounts in Windows Live Mail.
    I went to check my email the other day and I click on each account in the accounts as I clicked on the third one I saw for an instant on my screen what looked like a popup. It said 5 email addresses found and below it were 5 lines, at happened so fast I did not manage to read them but I presume they were email addresses. A split second after that my computer totally shut down like the plug was pulled on it.

I am very suspicious about this, and if this was a hack, it would have to mean code was executed in the preview pane because I did not open any emails I just checked each account to see if there were any I needed to read.
    When I rebooted my computer Windows live mail had blocked an email and it said Windows Live Mail did not shutdown properly etc. I wanted to see if that would happen again so I unblocked that email but this time there was no unusual activity and the popup I saw the first time did not appear.
    Anyone else seen anything like this ?

2. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

No problem here. Did not experience your problem. Maybe it is time you re-installed it ... sounds like a corruption issue to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.