Windows Live mail

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by RockLobster, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

Nov 8, 2007
    I strange thing happened the other day I wonder has anyone else ever seen this.
    I have four hotmail accounts in Windows Live Mail.
    I went to check my email the other day and I click on each account in the accounts as I clicked on the third one I saw for an instant on my screen what looked like a popup. It said 5 email addresses found and below it were 5 lines, at happened so fast I did not manage to read them but I presume they were email addresses. A split second after that my computer totally shut down like the plug was pulled on it.

I am very suspicious about this, and if this was a hack, it would have to mean code was executed in the preview pane because I did not open any emails I just checked each account to see if there were any I needed to read.
    When I rebooted my computer Windows live mail had blocked an email and it said Windows Live Mail did not shutdown properly etc. I wanted to see if that would happen again so I unblocked that email but this time there was no unusual activity and the popup I saw the first time did not appear.
    Anyone else seen anything like this ?
  2. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Jan 26, 2010
    No problem here. Did not experience your problem. Maybe it is time you re-installed it ... sounds like a corruption issue to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.