Windows Image Viewer Squishes .jpg

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by btman, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btman

btman Registered Member

Now it only happens on some .jpg files.. And it shows the picture fine in the thumbnail, and it works fine in another media program.. But the Windows one loads a lot faster and I'd just prefer not to install another program. Does anyone know a fix?

Other people posted the question in other places but didn't get answers so I'm hoping the geniuses here help me out because it seems like a relatively simple problem lol.

Seems it is a windows 7 problem though as other people said their images were fine until they upgraded to windows 7.

too lazy to take and upload screen shots, someone posted some shots of my problem here though:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=444102

Any thoughts?

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

My guess is that Windows image viewer (or whatever the name is) does not support EXIF (metadata) info which is embedded in jpegs by some digital cameras. Another option is that WIV reads EXIF, but it is incorrect (wrong image height in metadata i.e.).
    Could you please post the (image) properties of one of the squashed files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.