Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by NICK ADSL UK, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)

Date Published: 8/25/2008
    Brief Description
    The Windows Genuine Advantage Notification tool notifies you if your copy of Windows is not genuine.

Overview
    The Windows Genuine Advantage Notification tool notifies you if your copy of Windows is not genuine. If your system is found to be non-genuine, the tool will help you obtain a licensed copy of Windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...32-f249-4acb-8bda-c5168d9f0623&DisplayLang=en

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Please note Starting this week, we will begin deployment of the latest version of WGA Notifications for Windows XP. In addition to the usual updates to validation that improve WGA's ability to detect the latest stolen or fake product keys and other attempts to circumvent product activation, this release will also include a couple of other significant updates.

Continued at source along with screen shots

http://blogs.msdn.com/wga/archive/2...otifications-for-windows-xp-professional.aspx

3. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up Nick :thumb:. I really appreciate it :).

IMO, the WGA tool is enough for me (and MS). I see no need in allowing this extra "spyware" on my machine.

4. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Advantage?:gack:
    I just removed that sh*t from a computer yesterday because the owner had replaced his harddrive.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Indeed, no need for self-installed spyware.
    Mrk

6. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Are they hoping this will prevent things like Bios Emulation Toolkit, Grace Timer or Softmod.iso?
    I think that OS software piracy actually helps their market share. People who steal it now will buy it later, when they reform of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.