Windows Fake Updates !!!!!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ElizaT, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Its Super Tuesday - actually two of them.

The second and last Tuesday of the month - Microsoft releases major Windows updates.

There are going to be more patches later this month for both Windows 7 and Window 8 when it makes its official debut on Oct. 25th.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

LOL Super tuesday.:p

3. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

No question that it's malware, and not the result of MS's servers being compromised. MalwareBytes Free is indeed a good option. I don't recommend TDSS Killer for inexperienced users. You could cripple your box by shooting dead perfectly legit files. Use Hitman Pro too, but don't use the early warning scan (EWS), for the same reason as TDSS.

Update the signatures for MBAM. Then turn off your computer and disconnect the power cord for 2 minutes. This will clear your memory. Disconnect/disable your network adapter, boot up in safe mode and run a scan with MBAM. Afterward boot in regular mode with your internet connection enabled and run a scan with HMP (default scan). I'd be willing to bet between these 2 products it remedies your problem. Afterward, turn off your box/disconnect the power to again clear memory. Then you should be good to go.

4. ElizaT

ElizaT Registered Member

ty luciddream, it seem it was a malware, after I installed again the windows and the drivers I disabled the auto updates and the computer is working good again.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.