Windows Automatic Updates Stopped Working

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by mr_mojo, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_mojo

mr_mojo Registered Member

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and just installed ESS RC1 and left all settings at their defaults. About thitry minutes after the install the Windows Security Center icon popped up in the notification area. I clicked on it and it said the Windows automatic update was turned off. It was set to automatic before the install. I clicked the change settings button, then selected install updates automatically and nothing happens. Auto updates remains turned off. If I try to do a manual update I get a 80080005 error code. If I click the "get help" link next to the error code it tells me "I have lost my connection to the Windows Help and Support website". My internet connection works fine, I can surf the net with no problem. My e-mail client (Outlook) works fine. Can anybody out there tell me whats causing this to happen and/or how to fix it. Since everything was fine before the ESS RC1 install I'm assumming it's causing the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.