Windows 95 problem.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lowlife, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowlife

lowlife Registered Member

We still have a few Win95 PC's. I am currently testing Eset/NOD 32 on our network.
    I have installed v2.7 on two of our Win95 PC's, both update from a mirror created on a Win NT workstation via http.
    Since installing I have noticed that neither PC shuts down properly. They both hang when they get to the 'Please wait while your computer shuts down screen', and you have to hit the power button to turn them off.
    If nod32 is exited before shutting them down they both close down normally.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

I have no idea what might cause this . I have clients with Windows 98 but never had with Windows 95 . 98 users have no such problem .

You can try to configure AMON as shown in these pictures (uncheck a few things in the first one and check something in the second one) . Hope that helps !

Attached Files:

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

What sort of floppy diskette drives are installed in these computers, and what entries exist for the in the motherboard's BIOS?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. lowlife

HiTech_Boy:

Thanks I've made those changes but it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

Aryeh:

The floppy drives are just standard 3.5" drives taking 1.44 MB disks.
    The BIOS has the following settings:
    Diskette controller: Enabled
    Diskette A: 1.44/1.25mb 3 1/2
    Diskette Write Protect: Disabled

I did notice after making my original post that if left alone the PC will eventually close down after about ten minutes.

Cheers

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Was another security program installed on the computers before NOD32 was installed on them?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does deleting all existing network conenctions manually before shutdown make a difference?

7. lowlife

Aryeh:

Command Anti-Virus was previously installed, and was uninstalled before NOD was installed.

Marcos:

The PC's are part of a Novell Netware network. IF I do not log in to the server or manually disconnect from the server before shutdown the PC does close down as normal with no delay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.