Windows 7 ...erm... review?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Longboard, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Nice review here LOL
    This guy obviously loves his MS :blink:
    :D

Some other interesting offerings
    Windows 7 - The Reg reader review redux
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/25/windows_7_reader_reviews_redux/

The proof will be in the pudding some time soonish I guess, even with all the beta experiences.
    I put W7 in a VM, but just got bored and figured out I'd leave the real world testing to those brighter than me.

2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

No OS just starts slowing down over a SMALL period of time for no reason at all, like in this example that's total BS!
    Sure over a LONG haul with a lot of stuff going on, installs, uninstalls, etc., the file system defrags, but this test is to young for that to happen...

Malware could of got into the system, or even the hdd just started going bad, or other hardware issues, either way systems just don't start slowing down like what happened to him, to simply blame as the OS being the problem.

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

This is not scientific mind you, but I was told by a Dell rep yesterday that the biggest problem they keep hearing about is a return of the dreaded BSOD. This is something that was almost eradicated in Windows XP. If that's true, Microsoft must be a tad concerned. Reading in ComputerWorld, now with Win7 "live" and "in the wild" its use is something like 500 times what the beta use was (for every beta user of Windows 7, there are 500 people installing it after retail release). So, NOW is the real test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.