Windows 7 Activation Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

This thread reminds me of the early XP topics. :)

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

there may be. sometimes oem keys on the bottom of the laptop or the side of the tower do not like to re-activate. its a very easy fix though. if the system originally came with win 7 it can be re-activated either way in just a minute or so. so no worries. reinstall and if you need help just let me know. but as long as his system had win 7 on it you can use any windows 7 disc to reinstall with. when you are ready shoot me a pm and we can get it done very easy. as i said i deal with win 7 activations on almost a daily basis.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You can get the Windows 7 SP1 ISO's from Digital River, there are links here: http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

These are legal. You can install from the burned ISO DVD and activate as long as you have a valid/original Windows 7 serial/key. If you don't have that, then there's probably no way to do it legally without contacting HP.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

How?

5. zfactor

not sure if im allowed to post activation information in the forum. but basically using the matching oem cert and matching oem lic key to match what is installed in the factory bios. this is the same way they get activated at the factory before you get them. a few simple steps and as long as the machine is came FACTORY with windows 7 the bios will already have the correct info installed into it. in fact technically each brand only uses 1-2 keys for the oem activation. so as long as the bios is oem with matching bin its a very quick and simple task. not sure im allowed to post step by step though in the forums here. and yes this is 100% legal to do as long as your system came with windows 7 oem installed.

6. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Don't stir, don't stir aigle. PM him.

7. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

What if the BIOS was updated?

8. khanyash

So I can reinstall with the upgrade disc, right?
    The key on the sticker is faded i.e last few numbers. Guess key finder programs finds the key that is on the sticker, right?
    I will PM you when I am ready to reinstall & face any activation prob. I saw a post at Raymonds to backup & activate Win 7 key. It seems easy too.
    Will let you know if encounter any prob.

9. khanyash

Thanxx for the link. Its a huge download. I will try upgrade disc that I have to reinstall. If any prob then I have to download from the link. And yes I have a genuine licence key i.e OS was preinstalled & the key is on the sticker on the back of the laptop.

10. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Ok, cool. Sounds like you're good to go....

11. zfactor

as long as its the oem bios available for the machine that came with windows 7, it will still be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.