Windows 2008 R2 & NOD32 Replication Server

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Ibi, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibi

Ibi Registered Member

Hola

I'm trying to move my Eset NOD32 Antivirus 4 Replication Server from an old W2K Server to W2008 R2 64bits (virtual machine)

After downloading the 64bits version I installed the .lic for the replication server, configured everything as it was in the W2000 Server and tried to download the virus database update from an XP client... with no positive results :-(

I get the message (translation from spanish):
    "The chosen server is not valid for updating"

The thing is, I'm not pretty sure if the problem is located at the configuration of the W2008 Server (I've done a port scanning and 2221 didn't show up, even with the firewall deactivated) or there's some other cause (I assume that the replicating server will download virus definitions and 32bits components for the clients)

Thanks in advance,
    Any tip will be appreciated

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

By default 2008 servers do block port 2221 so you have to make a exception for that however when the firewall is turned off it should work.

By replication server you mean ERA? Are you sure you ticked the box in ERA to provide updates internal http updates?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/349356/eraupdate.png

Can you telnet port 2221 on the server itself?

3. Ibi

Ibi Registered Member

Hola

I don't have the ERA product but a license for my Eset NOD32 4.0 Antivirus Bussiness that allows me to enable the Replication Server option

I've chequed and rechequed the options, which is not so difficult as I have the same config running on my W2000 Server as stated previously (now I'm attaching the W2008 snapshot)

I've created some firewall rules (inbound, outbound,...) for port 2221, again disactivated the whole fw... with no results :-S

about the local telnet access... I don't get any response (I mean, I don't get the "connection error" as when the port is not open), which I assume is the right behaviour (I've tried the same at W2000 Server with the same results)

I hope I'll come back next monday with new ideas... in the meantime, any suggestion will be welcome!

Attached Files:

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

It seems you don't have a username and password configured for the update mirror. And I think you also need to specify which product you want to update the mirror with.

5. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

You would also need to activate the HTTP server on the ERA server as well for it to serve clients.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest trying another port than the default one 2221 (note this must be changed both on the client and server side). To put what has been written above right, no username / password is required when updating via HTTP with authentication disabled (default). Also you needn't select any product in order to mirror updates, this is only necessary when mirroring program component updates.

7. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Ah my mistake that the username/password combination is not for updating but for access rights to the mirror folder. Thought it was cause it looked pretty similar as ERA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.