Win32/wigon.LVtrojan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Tucker, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucker

Tucker Registered Member

Hi

I am getting messages about the above trojan can anyone recommend a way to get rid of it.

Thanks

2. dharradine

dharradine Registered Member

Have the same problem. it's a shame that NOD just sat there and allowed this to install with no warnings, then to moan that it can't clean it shortly afterwards. Makes me wonder why i bothered paying for the product as it's clearly incapable of defending against this despite having the latest updates and current with Windows Updates.

Help would be appreciated.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There's no security solution in the world that would protect you against every single threat, especially if malware authors test and adjust their creations until they are undetected by all or at least most AVs and just after that they release them.

If there's a problem cleaning it with version 4.0.437, try scanning the disk in safe mode. The best cleaning results can be achieved after booting from a clean media.

4. Tucker

Tucker Registered Member

I tried to scan in safe mode but before it is completed a box comes up saying it was initiated by NT Authority\System and says Windows\system32\services exe' terminated unexpectedly with stats code 1073741819 and will shut down in 60 secs.

What can I do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.