win32.SILLYDI.ak - cant get rid of it

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by wratz, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wratz

wratz Registered Member

I am currently running XP Pro, Yahoo browser, Mozilla Firefox, DSL connection thru sbcglobal, CA e-Trust antivirus, running thru a router w/firewall, Ad-Aware SE personal and spybot. All are updated yet I can not get rid of this trojan horse called "WIN32.SILLYDI.ak . It has renamed itself 12 times after running all programs and finding several trackers and such. Everytime I start up the box it finds another "win32.sillydi" trojan in the same location but different name and removes it, yet it will be there again later. Is it the programs associated with Yahoo browser's?

Plz help if you can and thank you.

:cool:

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, can you please follow the steps located here, just use your Anti-virus instead of Nod32.

From what I have read about this trojan the steps in this thread should remove it...

Lets us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. wratz

wratz Registered Member

Thanx in advance at least for the direction. I am going to attempt what is stated and i will let you know how it goes.

>>Patience is not learned, it is practiced.<<

:D

4. wratz

wratz Registered Member

it seems to be gone but i still cannot use notepad like before by clicking on items. do i need to replace that file in m system (notepad.exe)? i am going to run thru the process again and see if it helps(this will be my 4th time).

Again thank you "Senior Blackspear" from the down under - you are the
    _ _ _ _ !!!!!!!

i will later post the full process cause it seems that many people are getting this particular "present".

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Can you try the following:

Place your Windows CD in the drive, click start > run, type in CMD, when the black window opens type in "sfc /scannow"

SFC (System File Checker, a part of Windows File Protection) will replace any changed/damaged system files with a clean copy. SFC may not solve every problem, but it's a good start that anyone can do.. I even run SFC once every few months just as a matter of maintenance. The worst I've seen it do is replace my manufacturer's video driver with the Microsoft one, which is really more of a minor annoyance than a problem (just reinstall the driver.)

My pleasure :D

That would be good :D

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.