win2K & TFS-3 problem...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Pitbull, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pitbull

Pitbull Registered Member

Feb 10, 2002

Just upgraded my home PC from Win98Se to Win2K+SP2 (I wiped the disk first, so it's effectively a fresh install).

I installed TDS-3 using Administrator login, and it runs fine while logged in as Administrator.

However when I login as a non-administrator (a poweruser in this case) the execution protection won't install - actually it says it's installed okay but also throws an error window. My guess is some sort of file move/copy is failing.

I've temporarily given powerusers full control over my TDS-3 directory and all sub-directories & files, and also over the C:\WINNT\inf directory as it appears to install some files there when installing execution protection. However this does not fix it.

Anybody got any ideas what might be causing it ?

I'm pretty sure it a permissions-related problem because if I change a poweruser to administrator group then it installs. I thought the inf directory perms would solve it, but maybe there is another directory somewhere that is also used ?

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Pitbull,

Are you a licensed user?
    If so, you could go to the private DSC forum. As far as I remember there was a posting about it.
    Maybe I could try to find it for you, but I don't use W2000 and I have to admit that I don't have much knowledge about W2000, sorry.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.