Win 7 with BSOD and tdx.sys

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by sbrundell, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbrundell

sbrundell Registered Member

I've tried a number of AVs with the Win 7 x64 Beta and nearly all caused a BSOD (except AVG free). With all except Kaspersky the error linked to tdx.sys (with Kaspersky this was kl1.sys).

A normal install of the NOD32 v3 caused this BSOD as did the v4 Beta, but once I removed the network file scan from the setup I appear to be fine now - fingers crossed

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

What brand and model of network interface card is in the computer, and how does it connect to the Internet?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. vdtruong

vdtruong Registered Member

I have the EXACT same problem. The BSODs went away as soon as I uninstalled the latest smartsecurity3.

I am using the Marvell Yukon 88E8056 Gigabit lan chipset. The driver is the latest Vista "Generic Marvell Yukon" driver from Marvell's own site.

The BSODs come when I try to move large files to a file server using SMB shares.

4. ibm650

ibm650 Registered Member

Re: Win 7 with BSOD (slightly different)

I installed ESET smart security (V3) and all seemed to be well, but setting the firewall on interactive gave wierd results, it did not ask about new stuff and mentioned wierd numbers, so try v4 on interactive firewall. I will do it as I rebuild. (on Windows 7 32bit),also I kind of hung on shutdown restart after the password, it would spin awhile and give a screen with just a curser. Safe boot on windows always worked, and system restore mostly did.

5. Gonzo68

Gonzo68 Registered Member

I got same kind of error once. I just drop using smart security and instead only install nod32 and use windows 7 firewall

6. sbrundell

sbrundell Registered Member

This has happened on a x86 win 7 install on a PC with a Asrock cheap miniATX board (can't remember the network interface) connected to home network via Devolo homeplugs then to a Speedtouch ST585 broadband modem/router (ADSL) and on my main machine x64 win 7 install with realtek RTL8110 card on the motherboard (Abit IP35 Pro) driver version 6.213.1110.2008 connected straight to the Speedtouch.

ALWAYS got BSODs when network scan enabled in the setup NEVER happened since disabled. I think the important factor is that I have a Netgear NV+ mounted as a drive via an SMB share. The ESET beta and AVG free seem to be the only AV solutions I can use - so the issue appears more to be Microsoft changes to network than AV vendors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.