Win 7 hangs when eav is connected to erac

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by OZSMART, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OZSMART

OZSMART Registered Member

I have an issue where win 7 sp1 hangs when eav 4.2.71 is configured to connnect to erac 4.0.138.0

Then once you perform hard shutdown & restart the system it hangs at logon.

The only way to log into the desktop is either by safe mode or disconnecting network cable in normal startup.

I updapted all drivers & added a secound network card, the system replicated the behaviour as mentioned above.

The system motherboard used was Gygabyte GA-880GM-USB3 so I swapped it out for Gygabite 880GM-UD2H and the problem was resolved.

This system build is brand new, I have 2 other systems in the field with the same build doing the exact same thing.

So I am left wondering if there is some compatibility issue with this MLB, or is there something else going on here.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Re: Win 7 nangs when eav is connected to erac

Do you know what the exact NIC used on that board is? The Gigabyte websites says Realtek 8111E, but just want to be sure. Also, what version USB3 drivers do you have installed?

3. OZSMART

Thx for your response.

When I say I updated all drivers, I should have said the ones that I thought mattered, LAN & chipset.

I looked at the USB3 driver & the system was running 1.0.0.38, so I got the latest driver version 1.0.0.105 & installed.

It seems the problem is solved, WTF....

I know this is loaded question but why is this driver so critical in relation to eset & erac.

Thx for pointing me in the right direction, will post back after I apply driver updates on other affected systems.

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

I'm not sure why, I do know i've solved quite a lot of support cases with this :)

5. OZSMART

Applied latest usb3 driver to all affected systems , issues is now resolved.

thx again for your assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.