Will this backup method work?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sallypt, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sallypt

sallypt Registered Member

I had a mirror array setup and the raid controller card failed. It either caused one of the drives on it to fail completely (or maybe the other way around) and the other drive to be in a near fatal condition. I moved this second drive to my standard controller and boot but I can't do much work due to all of the errors the drive is getting.

The drive is broken into two partitions, C and E. TI will allow me to backup the C partition but when I try the E, the system reboots. I've tried it using the recovery CD too - same thing.

So if I use TI to backup the C partition and then just do normal copies on the E partition to get it backed up, will I be able to restore that onto a new drive and have it function as it should?

Also, where do I copy the image of C to when I create the backup. I have an external hard drive but TI doesn't recognize it when I boot off the recovery cd. I have two working drives but the one is my main drive and will need to be disconnected once I try to restore.

This is obviously a mess. I woould appreciate any suggestions anyone might have. I'm using TI Home Version 9.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sallypt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that we do not guarantee the successful transferring of your operating system to a different hardware. Actually, no one can guarantee this.

However, we need some information about your hard drive stucture in order to try to help you.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and send it to Acronis Support Team.

As you have already contacted Acronis Support Team, please follow the instructions of Ivan Belinsky in order to resolve the problems.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. sallypt

sallypt Registered Member

The link you provided doesn't seem to address my questions at all, but maybe I am missing the point. I did submit a support request but never received a reply so I don't know who Ivan Belinsky is.

Jack

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jack,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.