Will these programs work ok with SP2?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by j.a.g., Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j.a.g.

j.a.g. Guest

I was wondering if anyone uses Norton system works 2003, NAV 2003, & NPF 2003 with SP2? Do they work well with SP2? Are there any problems?

I have heard there may be some problems, but there is a difference between a minor problem and not being able to use the programs with SP2.

So that's what I would like to know- if the three programs will work with SP2.

Much thanks for any help. :)

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I don't use those programs myself, but however I think they should be able to work with SP2.

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

No problem with NAV 2003, System Works 2003.
    I don't know about NPF though.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

6. j.a.g.

j.a.g. Guest

First I would like to say thanks to each poster for all the answers.

Devinco, just to be sure, your saying you are currently using (or have previously) NSW 2003 and NAV 2003 with SP2 without any problems? Correct?

Ronjor, on the link you provided it says you could have problems with 64bit processors but nothing about 32bit. I'm not using a 64bit processor, I think. I'm using athlon xp 2100. So is it safe to assume the info in that link doesn't apply to me? Sorry if a stupid question, still new at this stuff.

Thanks again.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This shows up on that page.

Norton AntiVirus 2003 Symantec 32-bit and 64-bit (NX) At system startup, Scheduled Tasks in Norton AntiVirus 2003 does not automatically scan.

8. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

I've always run my full system scans manually (not scheduled) so there may be a problem with the scheduler and I didn't notice it.
    Otherwise it seems to operate fine. Mine will be expiring soon (thankfully) and I can move on to better things.

Yes it is SP2 with SystemWorks2003 Pro (includes NAV 2003)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  9. j.a.g.

j.a.g. Guest

Thanks Ronjor, I don't know how I missed that info about NAV. I guess I was just looking at the NSW info. I doubt I would be running NAV at startup or Schedule it to run automatically, I prefer manually scans.

Thanks Devinco that's exactly what I was looking for- someone who runs them and would know for certain if there's any problems.

BTW, not that it's important or anything, but j.a.g. stands for "Just Another Guest" incase anyone was wondering. ;)

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You're welcome j.a.g.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.