Will SpyWareBlaster continue to block AdBrite?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mikejmac, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikejmac

mikejmac Registered Member

Hi

I noticed that on March 18th of this year I was not able to log into my AdBrite account. After checking my SpyWareBlaster protection list I realized AdBrite had been put on the blocked list.

When I'd go to Tools - Privacy - Exceptions then highlight AdBrite and remove it from my blocked list in my Firefox browser I was able to log in to AdBrite. When I checked AdBrite in my SpyWareBlaster protections again I was not able to log into AdBrite.

AdBrite was not even aware of this when I told them so I suggested they contact SpyWareBlaster to see if they could get removed from the blocked list. Since then they said they have contacted SpyWareBlaster.

I like the BritePic feature with AdBrite and was planning on recommending it to my forum visitors when I put up a photo video gallery site. But it would be a contradiction because I am also recommending SpyWareBlaster.

I believe AdBrite just let one advertiser's site slip through with some spyware on it, I think it was on March 16th or 17th. You know the advertiser could have change their site after AdBrite had approved it.

Do you think AdBrite will eventually be removed from the SpyWareBlaster blocked list?

Thanks
    Mike

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I can't speak for what may or may not happen in the future, but I can recommend a convenient solution for the time being. :)

SpywareBlaster offers a permanent ignore list feature, if you wish to permanently remove a certain item from its block list. It also offers a search feature if you'd like to easily find an item in any of the block lists. Both options are available via right-clicking on a block list in the SpywareBlaster program.

Permanent Ignore List:
    Simply right-click on any item in one of the block lists, and select "Ignore List..." > "Add Item to Ignore List". SpywareBlaster will remove the protection it has set for that item, and never protect against it again. It will remember this through updates, pressing the "Enable All Protection" button, automatic updates, etc.

If you wish to later remove an item from the permanent ignore list, you can access it by right-clicking on one of the block lists, and selecting "Ignore List..." > "View Ignore List".

More information is available in our knowledgebase: https://www.javacoolsoftware.com/su...dgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=37&nav=0,4

Best regards,

-Javacool

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  3. mikejmac

mikejmac Registered Member

Okay thanks.

But I still don't know if I should be recommending AdBrite to my forum visitors seeing SpyWareBlaster has it blocked. If my forum visitors take both of my recommendations, SpyWareBlaster and AdBrite then I'd also have to suggest they take AdBrite off the SpyWareBlaster blocked list. Maybe I'll wait for a bit before recommending AdBrite to see if it is taken off the SpyWareBlaster blocked list.

-----------------------------------------------

Related to this I'm wondering if Google Adsense publishers can log into their Adsense accounts if they are using SpyWareBlaster.

The reason why I ask this is because I read last fall (Nov I think) that Google acquired doubleclick to use with their Adsense codes. Sure enough now if you look at a Google Adsense script from a web site that uses the code you will see doubleclick in the code.

Seeing SpyWareBlaster has doubleclick on the blocked list how will this effect Google Adsense publishers?

Or maybe the Google Adsense publishers would not get credit for impressions or clicks from a SpyWareBlaster user that looks at their site or clicks the links?

I got my Adsense account disqualified a year ago last February so I'm not concerned for myself but I'm showing some of my forum members how to build web sites that will be using Google Adsense.

That said I definitely do not think doubleclick should be taken off the SpyWareBlaster blocked list. It's been known to infect computers with spyware for years. I think it's kind of strange that Google would acquire doubleclick.

Thanks
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.