Will not burn DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by squid13, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squid13

squid13 Registered Member

I started the day using Acronis True Image Version 9, Build 3854. I was going to do a full backup. When inserted the disk and it started, then the drawer opened and I had this C00460000: The media you have inserted is not empty.

Either click Erase media to delete all data stored on it and continue operation, or insert another media and then click Retry, or click Cancel to quit the operation. Well the DVD+R was empty and I got the same on 5 others I tried. I had done a backup not to long ago and all went well. I upgraded the Firmware on the burner and burned some data to one of those disk that was not empty and all went well. I also down loaded a fresh copy of the program Acronis and installed it, still no good. So I upgraded to version 10, Build 4940 so it no longer depends on a 3rd party software burning program. Installed my disk and it stared then the draw pops open and I still get this C00460000: The media you have inserted is not empty.

Either click Erase media to delete all data stored on it and continue operation, or insert another media and then click Retry, or click Cancel to quit the operation. Any help would be appreciated. when I also try to do the backup it tells me E00040004 Disk is full and it's a blank empty disk.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

One trick that worked with previous versions was to leave the tray open when you inserted the blank media and let the burn process close the tray. Try that.

3. squid13

Tried it still the same. Thanks for the idea.

4. squid13

I had a full backup dated 1/19/07 burned to DVD on version 9 build 3845.So I uninstalled version 10 and reinstalled version 9 and did the full restore. My DVD burner is now working OK with Acronis Version 9. I wasn't ready to go to Version 10 so I'm getting a refund from Acronis online store where I got it. Thanks for everybody's help.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Hmmm ... wonder why ver 9 didn't work at first! You might need to do some "housekeeping" on your hard drive.
    BTW, be sure to make the bootable Rescue cd from the installed True Image software. You'll need this in case the drive goes belly up and you have to Restore the Image to a new drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.