Wilders is the best place for information

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

So dont be shy and post your qustions one of are frindly family members will be there to help you threw your qustions and welcome to the family.

2. sk

sk Registered Member

Hi, Mr. Blaze. (I promise not to mention anything about ZA, or uninstalling, or updating ZA, or anything. :D)

OK. Now that we got that out of the way, I was interested in any forums here that deal with P2P sharing; the various programs; and security concerns. I did a search for P2P and "File Sharing" but didn't really find anything close to what I was looking for. Could you possibly stear a Wilder Newbie in the right direction? TIA.

sk

3. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

4. sk

sk Registered Member

Thanks, Primrose. But I was asking about forums here at Wilder's. I'm already familiar with BBR forums. :) Am I to conclude from your response that there are no P2P forums or discussions here at Wilder's?

5. Primrose

Hi sk,

I have never seen any. May I help you with any problems you have on the subject or were you trying to see if one could be established here?

6. sk

sk Registered Member

Thanks, Primrose. I was just asking a general forum question since I'm new to Wilder's and wasn't sure what was covered here and what wasn't. I thought that since P2P seems to involve some security issues and is used by so many people it was a topic that would probably be covered, but apparently not. I just had some general questions about WinMX - pros/cons, etc. - and how it compares to some of the other proggies around, like KazaaLite and E-mule, etc.

As far as a new forum goes, since there aren't even any posts, there doesn't appear to be that much interest. Therefore I doubt it would make much sense to try and establish a separate forum.

7. Primrose

Yup...that is why I posted the other Forum and I think they all do a fair evaluation on " general questions about WinMX - pros/cons, etc. - and how it compares to some of the other proggies around, like KazaaLite and E-mule, etc. "

It ,of course, is an ongoing process since you never no who is going to set up one next and they do cover the best you can do at this time to secure your system and what to look out for when you download or upload.

I am sure you know all the risks :D

8. sk

sk Registered Member

Well, I don't know about that, but I do at least try to practice safe surfing whenever possible. :eek: :D

9. Primrose

I fully understand :D Welcome aboard sk.. Wilders is a great place!

10. sk

sk Registered Member

Thanks. And yes, it is.

11. maestro

maestro Guest

Yes i think that this is a great place to learn more about these crazy systems:D but for the last 2 days, i couldnt log in at all, so i logged in with a new user name and it is the same thing. i do not stay logged in:( i cant explain that one. anyone have any idea why that is? :doubt:

12. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

hi maestro,

The best way to handle the issue with logging into this forum is to start a new thread in the "General Topics" section (see URL below for the forum part I'm talking about) with the specifics of the problem. This thread is really not the best place for this - it's about a different topic. ;)

In the new thread, you need to describe in more detail what you are seeing (what's going wrong with logging in). Please state your OS version, the browser you are using and its version, whether you have www.wilderssecurity.com in the browser's trusted zone, and if you are allowing cookies for it, as required to login here.

The General Topics forum section:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=11

There are a few other threads in that section where people have described problems logging in. If we can understand better what you are seeing, we should be able to help you resolve it.

Best Wishes,
    LowWaterMark

13. sk

sk Registered Member

Good points, all, LWM. And I'm sure maestro will do just that. I think, however, if I'm not mistaken, that he was really just trying to say that, Yes, Wilder's IS the best place for information (the topic of this post), IF you can stay logged on. lol. So there was sort of a sense of humor to it, that is a little different than the actual pure 'techincal difficulties' aspect. And so either way, feedback is always good in order to take something good and make it better, be it an individual poster, or the forum in which the individual is posting. Best Regards, and Happy Holidays!

sk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.