Why no hard copies???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Beach, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beach

Beach Registered Member

Been working with an Acronis sales rep, and can't seem to get any legitimate answer for this. I am installing the server addition of Acronis on a Banking Institiution sub network. I called up to order the software since you can't buy it locally and find out there is no hard copy for the server addition. How can Acronis charges $49 for the desktop with a hard copy (CD), and not provide a CD with the $699 addition??
    The Data Center that I am working on has to have a stamped CD of all software installed for their software vault.
    I am told the military has bought several copies, and the WILL be getting hard copies.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Beach,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that Media Pack (CD with an installation file) for Acronis True Image 9.1 Corporate products has not been released yet. It will be released in the nearest future.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. Beach

Beach Registered Member

Tatyana
    Thanks for the reply, but I was looking for the Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. I just purchased it, but needed the CD copy for the client. Is that coming out soon also??

4. Acronis Support

Hello Beach,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that currently there is no boxed versions of Acronis True Image 9.1 coroprate family products. There is also no option to order the so-called "backup CD" containing the corresponding product installation file as well. However, we do have plans to implement such option in the future, but I'm afraid the exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

If you want to always have the CD containing the installation file of the corresponding Acronis product at hand then we recommend that you simply write the product installation file (which you by the way can always download from the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site) to the CD using any third-party CD-writing software. The result will be in fact the same as if you ordered the above mentioned "backup CD" which contains the product installation file only and nothing else.

If you want your installation CD to be bootable then please do the following:

- Use Acronis True Image embedded Bootable Rescue Media Builder to create an ISO image of rescue disk;

- Use any software that can edit ISO images to add the product installation file to the beforehand created ISO image;

- Burn the resulting ISO image on CD using any third-party CD writing software.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use the software in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Beach

Beach Registered Member

Alexey--
    Thanks for the response. I may not need to get a copy anyway, I can not get ATI Server to install. I posted yesterday, no help given. If I don't hear back from you, I'll just return the product. I have installed probably 100 ATI 8 and 9 versions, but this is the first Server addition I have done.
    But when I try to install it, it starts, the progress bar goes all the way to the right, then backwards to the start and says "There was a problem with the installation, you need to restart Acronis installation". 6 trys latter, same result, no errors or error codes. Tried rebooting, no anti virus running, so need some help.
    Thanks.
    And its the newest version, the salesman just sent it to me last night.

Jim

6. Acronis Support

Hello Jim,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response once again.

Please follow the instructions from this previous post of mine. We will certainly do our best in order to help you in resolving this problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.