Why my sister should get ESET

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by marti, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marti

marti Registered Member

It's the best AV and I have been using it for years without problems.

Small footprint.

Easy to remove.

Great support either here or via phone or email. They seem to care about the customers and work with them to solve problems.

US support phone number (we both live in the US) and the support people speak English as a first language. The phone is answered by humans and you don't have to go through the press 1 or say 1 "dance."

Never have been infected with malware using ESET.

Any other suggestions that I can tell sister? She is ready to get ESET for her new computer, but husband wants to consult his "computer expert" at work.

Thanks for the responses I know I will get. You guys and gals are always the best with valid and technical replies to threads here. Validation by others will help. :rolleyes:

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

marti, she should go with whatever Av is suggested by the family IT person. That sounds to me like it's going to be you unless the husband wants to carry her computer into work.

4. Eice

Eice Registered Member

And you feel the need to enclose computer expert in quotes. Right.

The fact is that there are plenty of other anti-virus software on par with or better than ESET. Is there any particular reason you feel the need to push your choice on your sister's family?

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes, because marti might feel that the husbands friend really isn't much of an computer expert at all!

@marti
    Why she should choose ESET?.....

She should choose ESET based upon what you said in your first post I think, your experience :thumb:

6. Eice

Eice Registered Member

I won't speculate regarding the husband's friend, but when it comes to an issue as subjective as choosing an anti-virus, I'd personally be really wary of wasting time on the self-proclaimed experts who try to push their own choice so forcefully.

7. Khakiass

Khakiass Registered Member

I think anyone who has spent time in a helpdesk / troubleshooting capacity has come to dread the "I took this to my friend, who is really good with computers" introduction.

Those who consider themselves experts so rarely are.

8. marti

marti Registered Member

I am not an expert in using ESET, but as I do have it on my computers; I know how to set it up. I also know it is an excellent AV.

I am not pushing ESET, as sister asked what computer security she needs for new machine. Pre-installed AV is not one I would ever use. Sister has been calling me for new computer help, so I guess I am her IT person!

Thanks for the comments!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.