Why my ScrapBook Plus couldn't capture images?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I was wondering why everytime I capture the whole website everything was in it except images or pictures on the site. The image/s part is always blank or a rectangular white blank spaces only.

In the past, everything was okay and images are captured together with everything but this thing changed its habit.

Is there anything I can do so that it can captures everything including images/pictures?

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

What Firefox version are you using?

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I'm using the latest Firefox, v20.0.1. :cool: ...and also the ScrapBook Plus addon are updated, always.

Actually, the images/pictures are present when I'm online (actively surfing) but when I'm offline or not connected they're blank...:eek: ...as in a blank rectangular space. No images whatever. :doubt:

Are yours... images are present...I mean..even if you're offline? o_O

4. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

I use Scrapbook.

I installed and played around with Scrapbook Plus in another profile, seems that I have similar problems when using that extension. I does not appear to be download much of anything, whereas in Scrapbook I can see it is definitely saving the web page

No such problems with Scrapbook, aside from some video clips, pictures all load up fine off-line or on-line.

Any particular reason your are using Scrapbook Plus, are there advantages?

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Scrapbook Plus has issues with the latest Firefox, i believe the author isn't really trying to keep up ATM.

He's working on a new 2.0 version and in the mean time only the ESR version is supported.

@chrisretusn, a while back (year, 2, idk) SB was stagnant, and SB+ author forked after not receiving reply for suggested improvements, patches etc. You can read his reasoning in the mozillazine's thread.

I tried it and hesitated to 'migrate', but in the end it did fix common annoyances.

Nowadays idk how SB is, how often it's updated, so i can't compare them.

6. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

@Pedro, thanks. I remember having a "falling out" with Scrapbook back around that point. In fact I dropped it for a while, then brought it back. I've not spent a lot of time with the Plus version. Scrapbook last updated December 28, 2012

I did review that thread, it answered any questions I had. I will probably give that new version a shot when it come out. Right now Scrapbook is good enough, especially since I am with Fx 20

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.