Why has there been no updates for Spyware Blaster lately?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Twisterkfl, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisterkfl

Twisterkfl Registered Member

There hasn't been an update for Spyware Blaster V3.2 since November 23, 2004? What's the deal? It's been a while yet. There should be a new update by now?! Is someone in the process of buying out the company who made Spyware Blaster? What's going on? You can also see what I'm talking about in the actually Spyware Blaster screen. Okay, this problem has been resolved as you can now tell in the picture I circle and underlined the date and it's December, 11th, 2004. You need no longer to reply to this message.

THIS PROBLEM IS NO LONGER VALID AS THEY FINALLY UPDATED AS OF DECEMBER 11, 2004

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I haven't been able to get Spyware Blaster to actually update. (It claims it has updated but the last one shows in October). So last night I uninstalled it. Doing that killed my internet connection somehow. I reinstalled it and the reason I am commenting in this thread is because I was really surprised when I went to up date it (this time it updated just fine to the Nov 24 definitions) and it told me, after updating from JUNE, that there were only 32 new definitions!

I guess I haven't been paying much attention when I have updated it as I was sure there were more than 32 new definitions in SIX MONTHS! So, yeah, what is going on? I remember when there were hundreds of definitions in one update...now only 32 in 6 months?

3. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

Twisterkfl, SWB doesnt necessarily have a constant updating schedule. To clarify, it does not always update every week, sometimes every 2, 1.5 etc.
    If you use Ad-Aware SE like me, you are accustomed to almost DAILY updates, in this case however, this is not so.
    There is no need to worry, although many new forms of ad-ware are detected daily, I am SURE Javacool knows about these, and handles htem properly.

4. Under0ath

Mele, did you try a manual update? Or did you just try to make it update via Updates---> Check For Updates

5. Twisterkfl

Twisterkfl Registered Member

I use other forms of Spyware Detectors as well.

I use Ad-Aware SE Personal and PestPatrol to detect for spyware as well. The main problem I'm seeing is that Spyware Blaster was pretty good at keeping things up to date every week to two weeks, but now it seems like they've fallen a little behind and I was just curious why?

THIS PROBLEM IS NO LONGER VALID AS IT HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF DECEMBER 11, 2004

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  6. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

7. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

That number only refers to the number of new unprotected items.

In this case, it sounds like you had applied all of the updates up through October, so those items would have already been protected (and not included in the count).

There will be an update soon. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

8. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Just a notice: A SpywareBlaster update was just released today. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

9. Under0ath

Impressive

10. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Sorry, I was confused about the number it was showing as new definitions.

I'm having the same trouble as earlier. It won't update (as I mentioned in the invalid registry key thread). It says it has updated but it hasn't. I did it via updates----> check for updates. I didn't try manual. That looks sort of complicated.

Off this topic but can I ask about setting the killbit for Flash Player? It seems to me that I used to be able to check or uncheck that item and then start IE and it would either use Flash or not based on whether I had the killbit checked. Now, I find that I have to uncheck it and then reboot for it lift the killbit. That is sort of ucky. This is XP Pro. Has it always been this way and I just thought it was different where I did not need to reboot? I don't often want to use Flash so maybe I have just forgotten that you have to reboot for it to take effect.

Edited to say that I just tried again to update and it did! :) :) :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  11. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

The update didn't show up here (standard manual check) until today, but nice to see it finally, of course.

What, no new CWS variants, to add to the zillion or so we already have protection for?? Maybe the "brains" behind that family of monsters took off for a head-start on Christmas break? ;) :D

12. deckie49

deckie49 Registered Member

as a paid update subscriber, i don't think it's unreasonable to expect regular updates. even if the subscription is only $10.
    that said, i think the product is very good.

13. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

thanks! javacool.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.