Why download progress is stuck at 99%

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Martinus, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinus

Martinus Registered Member

Hi there,

ESET 3.0 latest version 64bit. On Vista Ultimate.

I sent an ticket to ESET about this. But will ask here while I am waiting for ESET to respond.

For some time now, I have to disable Web protection if I want to download .ZIP or .EXE files. When the download progress get to 99%, it get stuck and nothing happens. I see CPU utilisation increase but after 10 mins I cancel and decide to temporary disable the Web protection to be able to download the file.

Any one had a similar problem?

Mart.
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This would happen if an archive contains many files that take time to emulate (executable/dll) or parse (text files, usually large logs). If you could provide a link to such a file I'd check it out.
  3. Martinus

Try this file :

~Direct download of unknown executable file removed - Ron~

On a side note, I think i've found the problem. Found alot of nod temporary files in Windows\Temp folder. By deleteing all of them I was able to download zip files agains.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2008
  4. GreenWhite

GreenWhite Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

I have one for you. Pls download XYPlorer.exe ( file manager ).
    http://www.xyplorer.com/

NOD32 has a problem of almost causing a crash when right-click or even opening up the directory containing the file. This has happened many times whenever there is an update and that I want to move the file to another directory.

XP Pro SP3
    Athlon XP 2200+
    2GB DDR Ram
    9600Pro GC
  5. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi!

Yes, you are right. When I extract .exe file from archive, ekrn.exe starts work on 99% CPU. When I end 7zFM.exe, everything continues fine. The same thing occured, when file had been moving or copying.

[​IMG]
  6. Martinus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.