Why do people recommend MBAM over SAS?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by berryracer, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

but mbam is not cloudo_Oit doesnt have to be cloud to be good look at ikarus is super good i think it superantispyware adds more like hips protection to its engine it will be more proactive or maybe like a behabiour blocker :thumb:my 2 mexican pesos:):)
  2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

but sas is not as good as mbam.....so going cloud would elevate sas to give a non-cloud mbam a tough competition....going cloud would make sas light fast and effective...just like wsa.....adding hips or and behavior blocker would make it bloated.....and then you would not be able to recommend to use sas with other security software especially av since eset and other av/internet suites already have hips and bb and would conflict.......
  3. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

JMonge
    Please see pm ;)
  4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

5. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I'm so glad I bougt this MBAM Pro license, mostly it was to support the developer really :)
  6. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I have both MalwareBytesAnti-Malware Pro and SuperAntiSpyware Pro. I had SAS realtime and MBAM on demand. Recently I changed SAS to on demand and MBAM as realtime. However, I was not receiving MBAM daily updates. The update was available but I had to manually update. My settings were to automatically receive updates and notify me prior to installation. Because of the failure to receive daily updates from MBAM I went back to my original setup of SAS as realtime and MBAM as on demand. Any ideas or suggestions? As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John
  7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

MBAM has about 6-10 incremental updates daily. Do you have a schedule set? See this sample:

Attached Files:

8. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

gerardwil

I have made the necessary changes you suggested and I am going to try it again. Thank You very much.

John
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.