Why didn't ESS clean the viruses?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Director, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Director

Director Registered Member

Hey all,

Just did a scan on an external HDD which picked up 18 viruses but ESS didn't clean any of them and I don't know why.

Any ideas?

Here's some of the report I get.

J:\Windows\System32\ctfmon_xw.exe - a variant of Win32/BHO.NOU trojan
    J:\Windows\System32\MtRepair1.exe » CAB » NN_Bar54_876933.dll - a variant of Win32/Adware.Mirar application
    J:\Windows\System32\MtRepair2.exe » CAB » NN_Bar54_876933.dll - a variant of Win32/Adware.Mirar application
    J:\Windows\System32\drivers\bkpot.sys - Win32/Bubnix.AO trojan
    J:\Users\RADIO RENTALS\AppData\Local\Temp\effdec.dll - Win32/Agent.QXV trojan
    J:\Users\RADIO RENTALS\AppData\Local\Temp\miragge.exe - Win32/Agent.RAT trojan
    J:\Users\RADIO RENTALS\AppData\Local\Temp\oponoo.dll - a variant of Win32/Kryptik.EKH trojan
    J:\Users\RADIO RENTALS\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0TD88E8I\hypwhc[1].htm - Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.OWX trojan
    J:\Users\RADIO RENTALS\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0TD88E8I\rvqxfn[1].htm - Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.OTT trojan
    J:\Users\RADIO RENTALS\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\92WP4PKD\hypwhc[1].htm - Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.OWX trojan
    J:\Users\RADIO RENTALS\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\B5G5F5NM\kkemu[1].htm - a variant of Win32/Kryptik.EGS trojan
    J:\Users\RADIO RENTALS\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ITQZHOUK\rvqxfn[1].htm - Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.OTT trojan
    J:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\LocalCopy\{6069CE3C-D980-44EF-9F4E-332C4AC5F897}-autorun.inf - INF/Autorun virus
    J:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\LocalCopy\{A1DFC578-7CB0-4936-AFA9-8C9913D33607}-AutoRun.inf - INF/Autorun virus
    J:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\LocalCopy\{B4D63E33-BE60-457F-9784-FB4B0064F337}-autorun.inf - INF/Autorun virus
    J:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\LocalCopy\{D8E27932-EE24-4D1D-AC87-5D1D20C250FD}-autorun.inf - INF/Autorun virus
    J:\Program Files\FBrowsingAdvisor\XPCOMEvents.dll - Win32/Adware.Agent.NJV application

18 infected files /0 cleaned files

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Most likely because you did only a scan but not cleaning.

3. Director

Pretty sure the 'scan without cleaning' box was unckecked.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you are positive you didn't set the cleaning level to "no cleaning", could you create a video that would demonstrate how you ran the scan and post here the link? In the video, show the settings of the cleaning level as well.

5. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

Why u not running a "SMART SCAN"?

6. Director

'smart scan' seems to scan the whole PC whereas 'custom' allows me to select what to scan. I did another scan and it cleaned them that time, so all's well in the end I guess. ;)

7. maverickvab

maverickvab Registered Member

i am also having the same problem and i cant find scan without cleaning box. where is it in eset smart security?? please help me out.

8. Gosman

Gosman Registered Member

~removed an off-topic recommendation to the member whose problem was solved above.~

maverickvab

Open your antivirus=> press F5=> Realtime protection=> ThreatSense parametres settings=> Cleaning=> Standart cleaning=> OK.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010
  9. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

if you would ask me - i would answer that cleaning is a waste of time here...

Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?
    http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/cc512587%28en-us%29.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.